Google Search

Google

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Welcome!


Welcome to the official blogging home of LØVE Chocolate. I'm so glad you're here. I'm Leslie, the owner and head chocolatier. I want to use this blog as a way to keep everyone up to date on the best new flavors, most cutting edge techniques and exciting special offers from LØVE Chocolate. Tomorrow, I'll give you the quick and dirty story of how it all began, and where I am now. For now, I'd just like to lay down a few ground rules and tell you a bit about me.

I am a pastry chef, and I've been in the restaurant industry for about five years. I knew from about age 14 that I wanted to become a chef, and, after a couple of years behind the line in several restaurants, I decided that pastry was more my speed. Don't get me wrong, there's something that will always entice me about the heat and smell and sounds of a kitchen on a busy night, but the pace is a killer, and I missed having normal weekends after five years. Afer receiving a degree in nutrition and restaurant manangement, I studied pastry arts in New York City. I came back to NC after that, and worked at a couple of hotels before taking the big leap into entrepreneurship. But I'm getting ahead of myself, the big story happens tomorrow.

I really want to keep the lines of communication open, so please feel free to comment. However, if things get nasty, I will delete the comments. We welcome criticism, just keep it clean. And please, we thrive on orders, so if you've got an idea for a chocolate, or something special you'd like to create, leave it in a comment or shoot us an email and we'd be thrilled to get you your very own custom box of chocolates.

I can't wait to share stories of making chocolate and all the trials of starting a new business with everyone.

No comments: