Google Search

Google

Sunday, May 13, 2007

moving forward

I have an amazingly supportive family. They have been taste testers, sounding boards, and have propped me up when I didn't think I could go on. After my false accusation, I didn't know what to do. I knew I couldn't stay at the Country Inn, and I knew I didn't want to go into another restaurant kitchen. Unfortunately, most of my career experience has been in restaurants, which doesn't always translate into other industries.

It was about that time that my aunt made me an offer I couldn't refuse. She decided to make an investment in my company, to allow me to leave my job and focus solely on building a strong business. I didn't need a lot of convincing. I gave my notice and was out before Valentine's Day. I've since learned that the girl hired to replace me quit after a month. That's just sweet justice.

No comments: