Google Search

Google

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

How it all began...

This is the fast version of how a graphic designer and a pastry chef got together to form a minor chocolate industry (soon to be major, people, just give us time). David and I have been friends for years, and we've always toyed with the idea of starting a business. One night, about a month after I'd graduated from culinary school and started the first of my crazy hotel adventures, David called and essentially said..."what about chocolate?" I said, "you know, that's not a bad idea. I could do chocolate." A few weeks later, we sat down and started writing up the plans. A month later, I started experimenting with flavors, and a month after that we sent out samples to select friends. I don't think either of us had any idea that it would be a full year before we were ready to start selling, or that it would take us almost that long to find an acceptable name for our fledgling operation.


Tomorrow, what happened next...

No comments: