Google Search

Google

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Shameless Product Plug #1: Tom's of Maine Toothpaste

I'd like to begin by saying, I'm not a paid spokesperson for any of the products I may plug here in the coming months. That said, one of my favorite things is discovering new things that work and sharing them with others. So that's what I'm going to do, share some of the cool stuff I've tried with all (2) of you.




First up is Tom's of Maine Natural Toothpaste in Orange-Mango. As a person who depends on her sense of taste and smell (critical for a chocolatier), I have a very sensitive palate. My tastebuds get a little shirty if they're assaulted with extremes. For that reason, most of the commercial toothpastes out there are much too strong. I know it's weird, but the intensity of a lot of the mint-flavored products on the market will actually make my mouth a little panicky. There's a point after which I simply cannot stand it. Those strong detergents also have a charming ability to irritate my lips as if I'd been walking through the Arctic for a few weeks.

As I see it, I've got two options - stop using toothpaste (baking soda, anyone?) or find something more suited to my delicate kisser. Enter Tom, my new favorite man. Not only are their products made from natural ingredients, they taste fantastic. I chose the Orange Mango, and it's incredibly refreshing. My mouth has never felt so happy. The natural whitening ingredients also help keep my teeth shiny and bright, without the added sensitivity that I've found with other whitening toothpastes. I'm curious now to try some of the other flavors, although I think the Orange will be my favorite.

Funny enough, even with an orange toothpaste, it still tastes weird if I drink orange juice after brushing..oh well.

No comments: