Google Search

Google

Monday, March 31, 2008

Cakes, why I don't make them, and where you should buy your next one.


People often ask me if I make cakes in addition to chocolates. There's a very simple answer to this question...no. I am a pastry chef, and I do occasionally make a cake for friends or family. My passion does not lie with cakes, however. I think they're beautiful, and really one of the most satisfying sweet things to eat. Cakes can become rather finicky things - they can dry out, get soggy, get smudged or just fall apart completely. Chocolate has it's finicky moments, too - but I'm much more familiar with those pitfalls, and happy to deal with them.

Fortunately, my dear friend Jill and her sister Courtney have started Two Cupcakes Bakery to fill the need for fantastic cake. Jill and Courtney and I were in New York City at the same time. They were in the pastry class ahead of mine at the French Culinary Institute. I can personally attest to the exceptional quality of these cakes, and they're as gorgeous as they are delicious.

So if you need a cake - visit Jill and Courtney. If you need chocolate - visit me.

No comments: