Google Search

Google

Saturday, December 27, 2008

2008, the year that was.

I don't have much to say here except, thank you all so very much. It was a stellar year in the kitchen, and in this economy, I couldn't be happier. Last week this time I was still in a chocolate tempering, dipping,and molding frenzy. I did my very best to get all of your orders out accurately and in a timely fashion. That said, if something didn't arrive as you thought, or if you have any questions about anything, please let me know. My obsessive attention to detail was strained by the sheer number of orders, and I want to make sure that each and every one of you wonderful chocolate eaters are happy.

2008 has been one heck of a year for me, some of it was very good, and some of it was not. I started this year as Løve and ended it as Luca. I may not have made that decision without significant outside "encouragement", but I'm happy with it, and I look forward to many many more years as LUCA Chocolate. This was the year that I began sending out a box of chocolates every month to subscribers, and the year I finally figured out the best way to secure twelve pieces of chocolate in the box!

I couldn't review the year without mentioning the bacon. Oh the bacon. I've probably gone through about 50 pounds of bacon since March, and I have Alex Zalben of the Modern Materialist to thank for it. When I offered to make him some chocolate covered bacon, I really had no idea that so many other people would want it. So thanks, Alex, you really made my Christmas this year. I can't say that I'll be adding any other chocolate covered or infused meat products this year, but if you want some, don't hesitate to ask. Your white chocolate covered pepperoni is but an email request away!

So look for new flavors, more streamlined ordering and lots more retail locations in 2009. I look forward to sharing it with all of you. (and if you want to share this great chocolate company you know, LUCA Chocolate, with a couple of your friends, well, I won't complain one bit!)

No comments: